6/28/11

Street Art

We watched Exit Through The Gift Shop last night.  Anyone see it?  Thoughts?  


We enjoyed it.  Amusing send up of the art world's pretensions and also entertaining introduction to a world, its characters, and its products (some fantastic, ranging from moving to laugh out loud goofy, and always impressively original murals), which we knew next to nothing about about.  Not to mention it reminded Gen of his fight the man long haired middle school sk8ter boi days.  By the end we had totally lost track of where the hoax ended and where it began.


Relatedly, I saw this article today which I found amusing -- Soviet War Statue



the mural street art-ified

1 comment:

  1. Z and I watched that this winter and I of course loved it; I first encountered Banksy at a show of Damien Hirst's collection at the Serpentine gallery in London (yes, I realize how incredibly pretentious that sounds--but it was for a class!) and I totally fell in love. I was even more enamored when I discovered that his studio was "in" "my" "neighborhood." (Well the fancy artist neighborhood next to my slum).

    ReplyDelete